Written by Alli Price
Kids and business and home and family – it’s tough balancing it all, isn’t it. And then there’s the challenges of affording care for the littlies while you do your best to earn money for the business.
But what if you don’t have the money? Or aren’t ready to let go of your littlie yet? Or you already have them two days in care but can’t afford any more?
Well, my lovely VA/admin & marketing chickie, Sam of Sam Says and I have hit on a brilliant plan – co-working with kids!
We meet once a fortnight at my house, set our computers up next to each other and while our kiddies play for a few hours – we power through our work.
- we get loads done
- we don’t feel guilty plopping our kids in front of the TV as they’re playing with a friend
- as we also work together in business we can have an exchange of ideas and catch up on where we’re both at
- we don’t spend any money on care.
So what do you need to co-work with kids?
- kids that get along!
- wi fi so your co-worker can log on to the internet
- enough space in the house so you can both set up a study/work area
So, what are you waiting for? Get in touch with your business friends or maybe shout on FB and find a new friend to start co-working with.
Cheers! Alli x
p.s. Like other tips on multi-tasking? Click the link for a great article by Aerlie Wildy x