Written by Alli Price
It’s good isn’t it, social media, the internet, blogging, webinars, audios…we never need to leave the house again. We can run our business from the lounge, fit in the kids and housework and get all we need delivered to our laptop. Right? Wrong!
With the advent of all these miracles of technology it’s now more important than ever to get out, network and socialise. Why? Because many of us are forgetting just what we get from meeting someone in the flesh and are settling for a system that, while it’s great, will never replace the beauty of human contact.
For example, I can meet one person online and in ten minutes:
- find out a little about them,
- decide, from their tone, branding and pic whether I think I like them and,
- determine if I think we connect.
In ten minutes of meeting someone in person I can:
- find out who I feel they are,
- have a natural conversation that jumps about and takes you places you may not have gone on social media,
- know if we connect,
- feel the warmth of engaging with someone and,
- leave feeling motivated and reinvigorated from meeting a like-minded soul.
Why not tell me what you’ve gotten from getting out into the world and meeting others?
Cheers! Alli x